Welcome to the 2012 Opportunity Cafe Discussion Series - Filmed at Austech 2012
innovateAustralia's Opportunity Cafe Discussion Series for 2012, was housed in over 400 square metres of space in Sydney's Olympic Park Showgrounds, within the Austech exhibition. Austech is the best manufacturing technology forum for exhibitors to display their latest products and services and demonstrate how these technologies can deliver productivity benefits to the manufacturing sector.
The Opportunity Cafe's discussions covered a wide range of topics and involved many prominent industry professionals such as:
- John Murray, George Pofandt & Terry O'Riordan from Enterprise Connect discussing government funded business improvements and innovation assistance.
- Andrew McWilliam from the Defence Materiel Organisation (DMO) discussing defence supply chain opportunities
- Gary Wilkie from Interlease discussing the financing of innovation
- Michael Morrow from QMI Solutions discussing Innovative Manufacturing up north
- Peter Beattie and John Conomos AO discussing Automotive and Resources manufacturing with Deloitte's Damon Cantwell
- Ian McCleave from EV Engineering and Guy Pross from Better Place talking with Richard Reilly, CEO of Federation of Automotive Products Manufacturers (FAPM) about zero emissions transport.
- Bill Sidwell from mining vehicle manufacturer Valley Longwall discussing their approach to Australian manufacturing and their supply chain
- Philip Sellars from Industry Capability Network (ICN) discusses the ICN Gateway to major projects in global markets
- Bruce Grey from Advanced Manufacturing CRC discusses propelling Australian innovators into global manufacturing
These discussions were both informative and very relevant given the need for Australian manufacturers to be more innovative and be able to tap into local and global supply chains. Please follow the link below to select the video(s) of the discussion series (free) that you wish to view.
Click Here to view the YouTube videos of the Opportunity Cafe Discussions
The Innovate Showcase is an AMTIL (Australian Manufacturing Technology Institute Limited) initiative.