Make selections below to browse the hundreds of manufacturing processes ManufactureLink supports and locate a supplier, or return to the home page to conduct a search.
View suppliers with this capability
Suppliers of Work Holders.
Toolholding technology confines the expensive hard cutting tip to the part doing the actual cutting, thereby the cost of tooling is reduced. The supporting tool holder can then be made from a tougher steel, which besides being cheaper is also usually better suited to the task, being less brittle than the cutting-edge materials.
The tool holders may also be designed to introduce additional properties to the cutting action, such as
- Angular approach - direction of tool travel.
- Spring loading - deflection of the tool bit away from the material when excessive load is applied.
- Variable overhang - the tool bit may be extended or retracted as the job requires.
- Rigidity - the tool holder can be sized according to the work to be performed.
- Direct cutting fluid or coolant to the work area.
For more information on suppliers of Working Holding Technology please contact us
Suppliers With This Capability